New Studio Safety Protocol
Based on information from the Office of the Rapid City Mayor, there will be a phased approach to reopening businesses across the state. Rushmore Mall will comply with the City of Rapid City amendment issued for Ordinance No. 6413 below. Live It Up Studio will be opening for business Monday, May 4th.
This is unusual time and requires unusual measures. Here is a list of stipulations and new rules that MUST be followed to keep everyone safe and comply with Mall’s and City requests.
Please make sure you and your child know and understand the following rules:
1. Require social distancing. A minimum 10-foot space between students. We are using both studios to give as much space between students as possible. Absolutely NO physical contact between students such as greetings/hugging/high five, spotting or assisting as well as partner work allowed at this time.
2. Limited number of students. Only 6 students are allowed in studio per practice. Each student is required to wipe down the aerial area before and after as an added precaution even though it has already been disinfected. We are currently working on schedule and attending options.
3. Parents allowed only at drop off but not allowed in studio to reduce risk. All the students are required to wear a mask to enter the mall building and the studio.
4. All students and coaches will be scanned upon entry into the studio as well as required to use hand sanitizer.
5. Each student is allowed to use only ONE assigned silk or apparatus. Students are NOT allowed to switch the silks/apparatuses during practice. Students MUST stay within their taped areas. Under any circumstances do NOT go into other students' areas.
6. Each coach is required to fill in the Student Attendance Sheet listing assigned apparatuses to students.
7. All aerial students are required to use mats during the practice that is why each student MUST bring one fitted sheet to put over the mat. Students without sheets will not be allowed to practice. Fitness students will be provided with disinfected yoga mats although may bring their own.
8. Please make sure to bring a separate water bottle, extra hand sanitizer or extra yoga mat or anything of your own that you would like to use during your class.
9. Students are not allowed to access the speaker but can access our Bluetooth to play the songs that they wish to during practice.
10. Please, make sure to use the restroom prior to class and avoid using public restrooms.
We are so excited to bring in our students back to the studio for practices. But once again it's very important to follow these rules and requirements as we are trying to create and provide as the cleanest and safest environment for our students with the minimum risk for their health and well-being.
Please feel free to contact with any questions or concerns.